Best Noise Cancelling Earbuds: Friends of peace and silence welcome to the den of true wireless Earbuds with active noise reduction. To protect you as best as possible from ambient noise, you will find here our selection of the best models with active noise reduction.
Through some technological sleight of hand, Earbuds equipped with active noise reduction has the mission of offering an additional level of isolation to what they are capable of offering in a “passive” manner, all to preserve at best the user from sound disturbances.
The advantage? Better sound immersion of course but also a lower volume of music a listening habit that is more respectful of our eardrums. Most of these models also offer a “transparency” mode conversely amplifying external sounds and allowing the user to reconnect to their environment in an instant.
The effectiveness of active noise reduction varies greatly depending on the model. To judge the behavior and performance of each model in this area as precisely as possible we carry out a multitude of tests in the field in different environments and situations.
These analyses are then reinforced by insulation measurements, carried out in our sound lab with our various measuring tools.
Read also: Jabra Elite 5 vs Samsung Galaxy Buds FE
Best Noise Cancelling Earbuds
- Apple AirPods Pro (2nd generation)
- Sony WF-1000XM5
- FreeBuds Pro 2
- Technics EAH-AZ80
- Samsung Galaxy Buds Pro true wireless earphones
- Galaxy Buds2 Pro true wireless earphones
1. Apple AirPods Pro (2nd generation): simply stunning
- Dynamic rich balanced and accurate sound reproduction.
- Remarkable active noise reduction.
- Amazing Adaptive Transparency Mode.
- First-rate comfort sensations.
- Deep integration within the Apple ecosystem.
- Excellent hands-free kit.
- Low latency in Bluetooth communication.
- Truncated user experience on Android devices.
- Charging the case always using Lightning and not USB-C.
- Autonomy is a bit weak considering the competition.
Three years after their release, the first AirPods Pro seriously began to suffer from competition. These AirPods Pro (2nd generation) put Apple back in the race with formidable noise reduction remarkable sound reproduction and a simply astonishing Adaptive Transparency mode.
The AirPods Pro (2nd generation) are also comfort models and have the best hands-free kit onboard true wireless Earbuds to date. In short, if you have an iPhone, you can go headlong. [Best Noise Cancelling Earbuds]
Read also: Sony WF-1000XM5 vs WF-1000XM4
2. Sony WF-1000XM5: Best Noise Cancelling Earbuds in 2024
- Incredibly precise and dynamic sound reproduction.
- Spacious and natural soundstage.
- Terrific noise reduction.
- Good feelings of comfort.
- Colossal battery life for true wireless Earbuds.
- Many advanced features.
- A strong sensation of intrusion into the ear canal.
- Disappointing voice recording.
- Mode of listening to surrounding sounds that lack naturalness.
- Unmodifiable commands.
Like their predecessors, the WF-1000XM5 easily manages to rank among the best true wireless Earbuds on the market. They have almost everything going for them a still stunning sound signature gargantuan battery life and the best noise reduction found on Earbuds to date.
They, therefore, stand out as a model of choice, unless you are sensitive to the strong intrusion they cause, or you are looking for a good hands-free kit, which also costs them the first step of the podium.
3. FreeBuds Pro 2: Noise Cancelling Earbuds
The products resulting from the partnership between Huawei and Devialet had not wowed the crowds until now, but the bad luck finally seems to be broken with these FreeBuds Pro 2. The two companies have created excellent true wireless Earbuds with excellent comfort.
sensational, with a superb user experience and sound reproduction at the level of the best. The performance of the hands-free kit and active noise reduction is also commendable.
However, it is a shame that the latter is tarnished by random behavior when the wind blows. We also regret that the autonomy is a bit tight, especially when the noise reduction is engaged.
- Homogeneous natural and very well-controlled sound reproduction.
- Ample soundstage.
- Optimal comfort and good manufacturing quality.
- Particularly effective noise reduction at low frequencies.
- Pleasant to use, comprehensive controls.
- Complete app and is available on all platforms.
- Slight lack of treble homogeneity.
- Battery life is a little tight, especially with the noise reduction engaged.
- Non-disengageable wind noise reduction, randomly modifying the behavior of the noise reduction. [Best Noise Cancelling Earbuds]
4. Technics EAH-AZ80
- Rich and dynamic sound reproduction.
- Excellent level of precision across all frequencies.
- Good feeling of comfort and very good support.
- Packed with features (multipoint Bluetooth, wireless charging, proximity sensor, etc.).
- Complete Technics app, extensive customization.
- The sound stage is a little too frontal, which lacks naturalness.
- A little too imposing in design.
For its high-end earbuds, Technics has pulled out all the stops. The EAH-AZ80 is the flagship of the Panasonic subsidiary and proves it to us with more than solid sound reproduction and abundant features.
They don’t lack much to rise to the rank of essentials; slightly more efficient noise reduction and a bit more dexterous voice capture would undoubtedly have placed them as serious competitors to the Sony WH-1000XM4 and Apple AirPods Pro (2nd generation).
5. Samsung Galaxy Buds Pro true wireless earphones
- Very clean and dynamic sound reproduction.
- Excellent stereophony.
- Bass depth.
- Effective noise reduction.
- Compact and comfortable headphones.
- Compatibility with Qi wireless charging.
- IPX7 certification.
- Excessive emphasis on high mids and slightly acidic sound.
- Slight lack of precision in the bass.
- No full support on iOS.
With its Galaxy Buds Pro, Samsung is finally raising its game in the field of true wireless headphones. Only a few minor flaws in terms of audio reproduction narrowly deprived them of their 5th star.
However, we have no trouble recommending them in particular to users of Samsung Galaxy smartphones with which the Buds Pro will express their full potential from a functional point of view. [Best Noise Cancelling Earbuds]
6. Galaxy Buds2 Pro true wireless earphones
- Beautiful sound balance, very deep bass, very ample treble.
- Clean defined and precise sound.
- Very good reproduction of the stereo scene.
- Careful design very compact and robust (IPX7 certification).
- High effectiveness of active noise reduction.
- Comfortable, good support.
- Extreme bass which overflows a little treble brilliance a bit too pronounced.
- Lagging performance of the hands-free kit.
- No full support on the iOS application is a little sparse in terms of customization options.
- More orders would not have been too much.
If the first Galaxy Buds Pro of the name didn’t quite have the makings of the bigger ones, the Galaxy Buds2 Pro now has what it takes to claim to be such. If we omit the loss of performance on the hands-free kit (too bad…), the second version takes the listening experience active noise reduction design quality and duration of play even further.
use for an overall very satisfactory result. Not everything is perfect – we are thinking in particular of the lack of versatility of use and the somewhat limited functionality – but we are getting very close.
As before, we will especially recommend these Galaxy Buds2 Pro to Samsung aficionados, who will be able to taste all the features of these headphones. [Best Noise Cancelling Earbuds]