Best Selling Car in The World (Tesla Model Y) – Newshuntz.com

WhatsApp Group Join Now
Telegram Group Join Now

Tesla Model Y: The best-selling car in the world in 2023, all energies combined, would be the Tesla Model Y. The electric SUV would have overtaken iconic Toyota models, with 1.23 million units sold in one year.

The success of the Tesla Model Y is simply overwhelming. In Europe, it has established itself as the best-selling car in 2023 a first for a 100% electric model. But the SUV does not stop there and was also the best-selling car in the world last year, according to preliminary data from JATO Dynamics, based on all major markets, but which will soon be supplemented with data from some missing countries.

“While a small number of markets have yet to release their 2023 sales figures, preliminary data collected by JATO Dynamics indicates that the Model Y is in an unassailable position, with 1.23 million units sold between January and December 2023 – which marks a 64% year-on-year increase,” explains JATO Dynamics.

Toyota no longer has the prerogative of the world car

Tesla thus managed to place its Model Y ahead of the Toyota RAV4, which sold 1.07 million units in 2023. Toyota, however, remains the manufacturer that sells the most cars in the world, with a much larger range than Tesla. The car that occupies third place on the podium is also a Toyota since it is the Corolla sedan.

The signal remains no less strong. Recall that Toyota was previously a partner and investor in Tesla. The Japanese company is today considered one of the most skeptical manufacturers regarding electric cars.

Read also: Toyota was splashed by a new scandal, this time linked to its diesel engines

Just this week, Akio Toyoda, the chairman of the board of directors of Toyota, estimated that electric vehicles could not exceed 30% market share globally and that ” the remaining 70% will be HEVs (hybrid vehicles ) FCEVs (fuel cell electric vehicles) and hydrogen engines”(source: Toyota Times ). This is a contrarian position among the main automotive groups only shared by a few other Japanese brands in particular.

Read also: Hyundai will introduce the Citroen e-C3 along with a mini electric SUV in 2024

Leave a Comment